GMMB Takes Home 13 Pollie Awards!
April 10, 2013
GMMB took home 13 awards at the American Association of Political Consultant’s (AAPC) 2013 Annual Pollie Awards & Conference – seizing top honors for ads created for candidates, causes and independent expenditure campaigns.
Six spots produced by GMMB as part of the Obama Media Team earned recognition, including three Gold Awards, four Silver Awards and two Bronze Awards. GMMB also won a Special Pollie Award for “Best Initiative Campaign” for its work on behalf of Maryland Jobs and Schools, which resulted in the Question 7 ballot initiative being overwhelmingly approved by Maryland voters.
Every year, AAPC gives out Gold, Silver, Bronze and Honorable Mention Pollie Awards to political consultants and public affairs executives for outstanding work, creativity and contributions to electoral politics.
GMMB’s wins include:
- Special Pollie Award for The Best Initiative Campaign for Maryland Jobs and Schools’ “Yes on Question 7”
- Gold for Obama for America’s (OFA) TV Campaign (Democrat) in the overall campaigns (candidate) category
- Gold for OFA’s “Challenges” spot in the best use of personality (celebrity) category
- Gold for Montana JETPAC’s “Cover” spot in the independent expenditure (governor) category
- Silver for OFA’s “Mitt v Mitt” spot in the online advertising (Democrat) category
- Silver for OFA’s “Determination” spot in the for president (candidate) category
- Silver for DSCC’s “See Straight” spot in the independent expenditures campaign (US Senate) category
- Silver for DCCC’s “Holding” spot in the independent expenditures campaign (US House) category
- Bronze for Sierra Club and NRDC’s “Double-Half” spot in the online advertising (nationwide) category
- Bronze for OFA’s “537” spot in the for president (Democrat) category
- Bronze for OFA’s “The Choice” spot in the best use of contrast (president-Democrat) category
- Honorable Mention for Save Our Environment Action Fund’s “Vacation Dog” spot in the internet (public affairs) category
- Honorable Mention for Maryland Jobs and Schools’ “Muscle” spot in the TV (initiative and referendum) category